Before you start
We will now ask you a few questions about your eligibility for a first provisional driving licence and then confirm your identity.
You'll need to provide:
- your email and password if you have a Driver and vehicles account
- your identity document number. You can use a:
- UK passport (a passport that expired within the last 12 months can be used for this service)
- non UK passport
- biometric residence permit
- biometric residence card
- national identity card
- your National Insurance number if you know it
- you may also have to provide addresses where you've lived over the last 3 years
You will also need to provide a valid photo and signature for your provisional licence. We may be able to use your passport photo and signature if your passport has one.